Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Gate


 Once my son was out of a crib, they only way to keep him safe at night was a gate keeping him in his room. I had a fear of him wandering around the house and going outside. As time pasted he got the gate was removed and he normally stays in bed (usually yells if he needs anything) and will come find me if he gets up in the night. Last night I took my daughter to see Rise of Guardian and came home about 9. I noticed the bathroom light thinking nothing of it. I walked into the house to find my parents in the back of the house by the bedrooms. My mom is in the hall, laughing so hard her eyes are watering and my dad is yelling at the Beast. My parents put him to bed at 8pm and went to watch TV in the family room. After about an hour and not hearing anything from him, they assumed he was asleep. My dad went to use the bathroom, and found his bed room door shut. He opens the door and the Beast is in his bed watching TV. After the shock wore off, and he was put to bed for the second time, my dad found out he was watching a documentary on prohibition.

Once both the kids were in the bed for the evening I went down to the basement to do some cleaning. I come upstairs and hear a noise in the kitchen. I go check on both my kids and realize my son is not in bed: check each room (TV is off) and make my way into the kitchen. Pull back the kitchen chairs and he is hiding under the table. I drag him out and put him back to bed: His response “I think I need my gate up” Damn straight! Gate goes back up and will go back up every night. The follow morning he tells my mom that: “Bumpa (my dad) is not a good finder, but mommy is” My dad was actually in the kitchen while he was hiding under the table!!

No comments: